tirsdag den 29. januar 2013

Students L-Z



Hi, my name is Laura and I’m 16 years old.
I live with my family in a town, outside Copenhagen, called Charlottenlund. My parents are divorced, so I live nine days with my mom and five days with my dad. I have three siblings, 2 stepsiblings (one younger sister, and one younger brother) and a biological younger brother.



In my spare time, I dance (Hip Hop) with one of my classmates called Amalie. I have danced for about 10 years now, so it has become a really big part of my life. I love singing (I do covers on Youtube :P ), being with friends, watching movies, listening to music and things like that. I also spend a lot of time on social medias like, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. I’m not picky at all. I love all kinds of food, except things with curry in it.

Before Nørre G, I went to an ordinary Danish primary school (from the 0th grade to the 9th grade). After the 9th grade, all of my friends went to the gymnasium nearest the school, but I would like to try something new. Meet new people. So I started at Nørre G that is about 45 minutes away from where I live. Just to try something different. That means that I wake up at 5:30 in the morning and take the train at 6:58 AM. I usually take a shower every morning. It’s pretty tough to wake up that early, but I can handle it because I love Nørre G so much <3

I’m looking forward to seeing you :D

Ps: I don’t smoke, just so you know J

Pps: I’m so sorry, I look really boring and dull in this picture, but I couldn’t find another one. In real life I smile and laugh all the time. Once I actually won an award for “the most smiling person” in my class, so that says a bit about me :D

__________________________________________________________________________________


My name is Malene, and I’m 17 years old – turning 18 In February. I live in a town called Rødovre.
Right now I’m studying languages; English, Spanish and German, so I really like languages. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother, but they are all older than me.

I do not smoke, and would prefer to live with a family who doesn’t smoke either.
I really like to travel, and my dream is to study in a foreign country. But I haven’t been travelling very much, so I’m really looking forward to visitting you in Washington.

A normal day for me is to go to school in the morning, and then I spend time with my friends or do my homework. I also work in a shop a couple of time each week. I really like my job, because I get to meet a lot of different people. And that’s why I’m also really looking forward to meeting you
JKind regards, Malene

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hi, my name is Maria. I’m 16 years old and I live in Valby, Copenhagen, Denmark.
I recently moved from Jutland to live together with my aunt and uncle and their two children here in Copenhagen. I mainly did it because I wanted to explore the city and go to High School over here as well. I also hoped I would get more independent and experienced by moving away from home.

January 7th I first attended Noerre Gymnasium, so I’ve been here for some weeks now. I like going to school, and I think our class is really great! Even though we sometimes have got some long days, with a lot of homework, it’s definitely all worth it!

On the weekends I normally visit my parents in Jutland, which is one of the things I look forward to all week. When I’m not visiting my parents, I like hanging out with my friends and just spending time with them.

I’m looking very much forward to seeing you in Washington D.C in some weeks! J

Best regards, Maria

__________________________________________________________________________________


Hey.

For starters my name is Noah Lauritz Lynge Bach-Marklund and I’m 16 years old, turning17 on April 14.
I live in a city called Bagsværd, a suburb to Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark.
I live with my dad Michael, my two sisters Sally and Molly, my dad’s fiance, and her four kids Mikael, Julie, Daniel and Phillip, so yeah something’s always going on back home. But I only live with my dad half the time. Every other week Sally, Molly and I stay with our mom, Suzanne; her house is only two minutes away from my house, so it’s not that bad, when I have to pack up all my stuff, and transport it back and forth.I don’t have that much spare time after school, once every week I work in a bookstore called Arnold Busck, and I’ve been there for three and a half years now. I really like it there.Beside my job, I play Football(soccer) three times every week. I’ve been playing since I was 9 years old, and I’m the team captain. I’m also the coach for our clubs 10-year-old boys. I feel a great deal of responsibility when coaching the boys; it’s tough from time to time, but it’s definitely worthwhile, and I’m very happy with it. So far I’ve been their coach for one and a half years.

While we’re at the topic football, I must point out that my favorite team of all is Liverpool FC, YNWA!

And I love Real Madrid as well.And by the way, I have a cat as well; she’s called Starbuck, named after the character in the tv-show Battlestar Galatica. My dad and I love all kinds of tv-shows and films like Twin Peaks, Lost, Star Wars and lots of others. My personal favorite movie must be one called Donnie Darko -awesome movie.One thing you need to know about me, is that I’m the biggest Owl City-fan, Adam young is the genius behind Owl City and I find his work very inspiring, definitely my greatest idol.

Yeah what else, I love playing videogames, especially Nintendo. The best game I’ve played is The Legend of Zelda Skyward sword, but not that many people I know play nintendomgames, that’s why i play some Xbox 360 as well.

I’m not quite sure, what else to write. I’m not a vegetarian, I love meat, and I do not smoke -basically I’m very healthy.For now, I’ll leave it at this. Looking forward to meeting whoever, I’m gonna stay with, and I can’t wait till we arrive in a couple of weeks. It would be awesome if perhaps we could do something totally American one day, I don’t know, maybe we could go watch at baseball match, or do something completely different. You’re the expert, and I guarantee that when you visit me next fall, we’re definitely going to experience a lot of different Danish stuff.

Looking forward to meeting you, see ya soon.
___________________________________________________________________________________

 

My name isPatricia and I’m 16 years old.
I live in Skovlunde. My house is about 15-20 minuttes away from Nørre, but it’s kind of complicated for me to get home. I have to take one bus from Nørre and then to Husum st. and then afterwards I have to take another bus, which goes almost all the way to my house – I only have to walk a few meters. My birthday is the 20th of august.
I have a job in Føtex, which is a Danish supermarket, where I work 1 weekend a month. In my free time I like to work out and sometimes I run. When I’m not in school or at work, I’m together with my friends or family.I have 2 younger sisters. The smallest of them is named Amalie, and she is 5 years old. She goes to Kindergarten in Skovlunde. My other little sister is named Emmely, and she is 13 years old and goes to Middle School in Skovlunde. She is, for the record, a very big Justin Bieber fan so be prepared.

My mom and dad don’t live together, and they haven’t lived together since I was about 3 or 4 years old. My mom is now married to another man, who I’ve basically known all my life. They have been together since my mom and dad broke up. My mom hasn’t got my smallest little sister with my real dad, but with my stepdad. Right now my mom isn’t working because she is on leave of absence, but she will start at her job again in April. She is working in an insurance company. My stepdad is working in the travel agency called“Thomas Cook”, where he is an IT-employee. Because of his job, we travel a lot. We travel almost every summer, and sometimes we travel in the winter as well.

With my mom and stepdad I live in Skovlunde. But my dad is living in Buddinge, which lies pretty close to the school. I only have to take one bus and it takes about 10 minutes. Right now he lives in a small apartment, because he spends most of his time at his girlfriend’s house. But when my sister and I, are there he is at his own apartment. He works in a Kindergarten. I am at my dad’s house one weekend a month, but sometimes I just go to his house even though it’s not his weekend. But my dad isn’t so important, because you probably won’t meet him, because when you come to me in the fall, we are going to live with my mom.Well, now to all the fun facts about me. My favorite food is sushi. I can seem a little bit shy, when you first meet me but then when you get to know me, I’m definitely not shy. I love to meet new people, and get new friends. I’m a little bit of a control freak. I love it when things are under control, but at the same time I don’t care that much about how my room looks, or whether it’s cleaned or not. I leave that concern for my mom. I’m not a vegetarian or a smoker.

But all in all, I’m looking forward to meeting you. I’ll hope we have a good time together
.
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
 

Hello, my name is Rie (16) J
I live in a house in a nice town outside of Copenhagen; Copenhagen is, as you probably know, the capital of Denmark. I just turned 16 in November, so I’m kind of young compared to some of my fellow students. I live with my mom and dad who are married (important, huh?
J), and my 3 siblings; my older sister Kit, who is 17 years old, my little brother Steffen, who is 14 years old, and my other little brother Kalle, who is 11 years old. We also have 2 cats, Lilly and Charlie, and a dog called Gabby.

Some days after school I work in a local store near my home, which is called Netto. I like to earn my own money, it gives me a kind of freedom, and it is also funny because I am working together with some friends and that’s an easy way for us to keep in contact with each other.
The music I listen to is just mainstream pop, I guess. I’m actually not really that interested in music, but I love all the gossip about the singers behind the music.
In my spare time (which is very limited) I like to hang out with my friends, I love to go shopping, go to parties, watch TV and just relax.

When it comes to food I am a little bit picky, but I try to expand my taste buds by trying new things. One of the things I don’t compromise with is fish, I just can’t eat it, unfortunately. Anyway, I am looking forward to tasting new things over there, and my diet will definitely be put on hold during the time I am with you, haha
J.

Just for your information, I don’t smoke.

So, well. This will be my first time in an English speaking country, so I’m extremely excited but still a little nervous about my lack of vocabulary and bad Danish/fake British accent, but I hope it will work out despite that.
J

Can’t wait to see you in the spring!
Best wishes, Rie
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
Hello! My name is Robert (16), and I live in Brønshøj, a suburb of Copenhagen. I live with my mom, dad, my little brother and my little sister. We live in a typical red, brick house. I got a black Labrador and a red cat. I am 16 years old and non-smoker. I am not a vegetarian either or a picky eater.

I go to school at Nørre Gymnasium. It's really good and I like it there. There is a lot of social life during, and after school. My major subjects are media and communication. Our main subjects are Danish, history, German and media. Media is my favorite subject. We watch movies in the school cinema, analyze them and talk about them. Sometimes we make our own short films. That is great fun.
I take the bike to school every morning. It is only about 15min. away. We mostly meet at school at 8 O’clock. We get new schedules every week.
In my spare time, I like to hang out with my friends, when there is no homework. We often end up at my house, watching a movie or just chilling. Sometimes we go to the mall. I listen to all kinds of music. I like Eminem but also Beatles, Rolling Stones and Jazz. I also like Simon and Garfunkel. I find their music very relaxing.
We sometimes start the weekend with a party at the school, Friday evening. Sometimes a couple of guys meet Saturday evening too, watching a movie, having a beer. In Denmark it is legal to buy beer when you are 16 years old, so our alcohol culture is very different from yours, I believe. On the other hand, we can’t get a driver’s license until we are 18.
I really look forward to meeting you guys!
Best regards, Robert.
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
Hi, my name is Sara and I’m 16 years old.
In my free time I love spending time with my friends, shopping, going to the gym with my good friend Emma, partying, relaxing and experiencing new things. All in all, I just love being social and to have fun.

I live with my mom and sister in a town called Husum very close to the center of Copenhagen. I am a smoker, so I would like to stay with a family where that’s allowed. I like all kinds of food, I’m not the picky type. I especially like sushi and all kinds of meat.
I’m an atheist, but I still celebrate Christmas the Danish way on December 24th.
I’ve never been to America before, but I’ve always dreamt about it, so this trip is going to be amazing, hopefully. I’m really looking forward to experiencing America and meeting the students.
I’m looking forward to meeting you all JJ
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
Hey, my name is Siff Léva Jensen and I’m 17.
I live with my mother, my stepfather and my little brother. My parents are divorced. I’m half Danish and half Belgian. My little brother has a lizard, and I would really like to have a dog, but where we live we can’t (I Love dogs!). I don’t’ smoke, but it doesn’t bother me, if others smoke around me.

On a normal day, I go to school, then I go home, relax a bit, then I do some homework, and that’s about it, I normally spend my weekend with my boyfriend or my friends. In my spare time I like to listen to music, I mostly listen to POP, but in general my taste in music is pretty mixed. I really like Adam Lambert and Lady Gaga.

Another thing I love to do is reading. I love horror stories or stories like The Vampire Diaries or The Twilight Saga, (by the way I’m a BIG Twilight Fan!). I would like to read more books written by Stephen King. I also like to watch movies, especially horror movies. Well, that was a little about me.
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
Hi my name is Signe, I am 17 years old.
I live with my parents and my brother and sister.

In my spare time I play soccer, hang out with my friends or my boyfriend and do a lot of homework. That sucks. I love to have fun, just having a good time with my friends - I love my friends, they are the best. Most of them would probably say I’m weird, but that is just who I am, I’m almost always happy and smiling.
As you know I go to high school, in a class with communication and media. It is great! I have always loved taking pictures, and I don’t think you will see me on our USA tour without my camera. When I was younger, my friends and I were making films, just for fun.
Beside school, friends and family, I have a job. I work in a chocolate store, where we sell chocolate and ice-cream. – Try not to eat it all!!
Sometimes it sucks, but also, it tastes good, so it is okay. I need my job, because otherwise I don’t have any money, and if I don’t have any money, I can’t go shopping! I love shopping!! I really hope we can go shopping in Washington. J

I exercise a lot, I need that summer body! But sadly, I love food, so that is a bad combination. I’m not picky with food. J
I don’t smoke, but it is okay if you do. J
In English I’m good at communication, I won’t say it is all correct, and it is a little bit Danish-English, but don’t worry, I’m sure you will understand what I am trying to say to you.
I am looking forward to seeing you in Washington DC, and to have a great week with you and your family.
Best wishes, Signe

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
Hi, my name is Sophia Featherston and I’m 17 years old.

I live in Bagsværd, which is a suburb about 20 minutes from the center of Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark.
I live with my parents Lone and David and my older brother Oliver. We’ve lived in the same area all my life though in different places, except for last year when I went to “efterskole”.
“Efterskole” is a Danish concept, and in a way like a boarding school, where you live away from home for a year. My“efterskole”, which is called Kastanievej Efterskole, is a very creative and musical school, and it is situated right in Copenhagen. At the “efterskole” I studied analogue and digital photography, and since then I’ve been very interested in it, and take
many pictures. Other than that I like being creative with arts and crafts and love listening to music.
Every day I bike 10 kilometres to and from high school with my friend. Some days after school I work at a take-away restaurant called “The Kitchen”, where another friend and I make food and clean. I’m a vegetarian, but I eat fish, eggs, and other dairy products. And I don’t smoke.
I love meeting new people and travelling to foreign cultures and counties. I’ve been on a student exchange trip once before, where I went to Izmir, Turkey, and stayed with a family there. It was an incredible experience, even though they barely spoke a word of English. One of my hopes is to experience as much of the world as I can.
I’m really looking forward to meeting you and seeing Washington D.C. J

__________________________________________________________________________________

 
Hello! My name is Zakaria (16), but you can just call me Zack, that’s what most of my friends do. I am 16 years old, and I live in Copenhagen in Denmark.

In my spare time, I play badminton twice a week, but I also go to the gym, whenever I have time for that. I work in the local supermarket, and I have worked there for about two years now.

My biggest hobby is photography. I love taking pictures, and I have a lot of camera gear. My favourite subject is Mother Nature, but I also love taking pictures of people. I have actually photographed two weddings. But what I also like, is editing the pictures that I take. So I am also very good at computers, both Mac and Windows.
But I also love being together with my friends, and go to parties.

I have been to the USA twice before. The last time I was in the US, I stayed at a host family for three weeks. I stayed in a town called Abbotts town in Pennsylvania, and during my stay, I saw Philadelphia, the White House, Baltimore and I also saw the Amish Country. The fun fact about it is, that I stayed at the exact same family as my mother did when she was an exchange student back in 1992-93.


                                                                                Press "Ældre Indlæg" below to see the teachers.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar